The weather has warmed up and it’s feeling like spring. We’ve been able to spend most evenings outside and let the kids burn off some energy. The landscape isn’t turning green yet (except for the weeds, that is) so it’s still quite ugly outside but hopefully before long we’ll see things turning green.
It’s slightly embarrassing to admit this, but I purchased fish when I went shopping for my first time ever. I’m never been a huge seafood fan and cooking it has always kind-of scared me. The first recipe we tried actually turned out pretty well. Shaun said it was one to make again. I’m looking forward to testing out some other recipes.
The weekend started with a concert and then a fantasy baseball draft (which was at our house) and this week is the last of membership drive for our concert series association and the final concert of the season. I’ll still have work to do as memberships continue trickling in but the big push and long few days will be over.
We are starting on our third week of wheat free. The little guy’s face is looking smoothing and the eczema isn’t raised at all. Occasionally it turns more red but nothing too bad. It’s hard to know if it’s the lack of wheat, heater not being used, him getting older etc. I guess the true test will be seeing what happens when we reintroduce wheat into our diets at Easter. (Or rather my diet seeing that he still doesn’t care about solids and I try to wait until longer to introduce wheat directly to the kids.)
- Salmon and Asparagus
- Fantasy Baseball Draft at our house – snacks
- Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Ladies’ Bible Study – bringing chickpea and corn salad
- Bean Tostadas
- Sesame Toasted Quinoa with Chicken and Bell Pepper from 42 Simple & Healthy Dinners
- Curry Chickpea Salad
- Lettuce Salads
- Oat Flour Pumpkin Waffles
- Pumpkin Smoothie (We just liked this okay. It really needs added sweetener.)
- Cutie Smoothie
My goals this week are going to be simple. Only 1 day of the 7 do we not have something extra going on and a couple of the days will be really long ones.
- Concert Series Headquarters
- Print ballots prior to the last concert Thursday
- Make graphics and re-read this week’s posts
- Continue 28 days of Pilates and 30 day plank challenge (half way there)
- Keep the house halfway put together and everyone fed.
- Reading, jewelry making and anything else is a bonus
What’s on your menu? Any big projects you are tackling this week?
Linking up to Menu Plan Monday