I’m writing this Sunday night to the sound of freezing rain coming down turning to snow later tonight. We’ll see how much we end up with. But never fear, we’ll be back up into the 40s in just a couple days. Oklahoma weather is crazy, that’s all I have to say.
Might not be the most perfectly shaped heart in the world, but at least you can tell what it is and the kids liked it. 🙂 And the little guy did pretty decent eating his first cone!
After many times of putting it off, I finally tackled the grocery shopping that needed done weeks ago (I’ve only gone for produce) but that means we’ve been using up ingredients in the pantry and freezer which is always good – black bean soup, lentil soup, stir fry and lots and lots of leftovers. It’s nice to be restocked.
February is already more than half over! It has flown by. I think the next few weeks will be uneventful and then we hit pledge drive week at the Christian radio station my husband works for. I’m thinking this year (and journey to knocking out our financial goal) might go by quickly!
- Heart Pizza and gingerbread ice cream cones (selected by my daughter)
- Small Groups – brought dessert and tortillas
- Salmon, asparagus, and roasted cauliflower (you know, the exact food that comes to mind when you think of being iced in)
- White Bean Chicken Chili x 3 (I’m hoping we get two meals of leftovers out of it anyway)
- Pasta with a creamy pesto sauce and asparagus pieces of some sort
- Bean Tostadas (Yes, these are one of my go to easy meals that we have at least twice a month. I make the beans in bulk and freeze them. This week it was our easy after church lunch)
- Salads – Shaun and myself
- Leftover black bean soup, tortillas, and pizza for the kids
- Eggs (Surprise. These have become a breakfast staple)
- Homemade Yogurt
- Green Smoothie
- Pancakes from the freezer are always an option as well
(Book links are affiliate links to Amazon)
- I about finished Undone: A Story of Making Peace With an Unexpected Life so hopefully I can finished that and read some more of When Helping Hurts: How to Alleviate Poverty Without Hurting the Poor . . . and Yourself and At the Foot of the Snows
- Continue in A Bear Called Paddington with my 4 year old
- Do the BeFit Youtube exercise series 3 times (this is my 7th week doing it – it’s a 3 month challenge/program)
- If the brochures for the local concert association get finished stick them in the already printed envelopes (yay for getting that done last week) and mail
- So yeah, my daughter got all of her thank you cards finished last week but I didn’t get all of mine done to go with them so this is the week I get those knocked out.
- And last week’s goal that I completely backed out on – the valentine’s party. It was a long week, we had some listening/whining problems, and I just really didn’t feel motivated to make it happen. Next year???
Did a winter storm come through your area? What’s on your menu this week?
Linking up to Menu Plan Monday