Even though we had nothing planned this week it flew by! Cleaning and projects around the house took up a lot of time and we didn’t even get everything done that we wanted. I had hoped to get reading in and I barely found time to pick up a book. I think one of these months we are going to have to plan a staycation so we can tackle all those little things that never get done. I spent a lot of time cleaning and organizing in the kitchen. I made good headway on that project – a kitchen with cleared counters always makes me feel better! Now to just keep it that way.
Last week I attempted three new recipes from scratch! Angel food cake, swiss meringue butter cream (using up all the egg whites I had in the freezer) and mayonnaise. The angel food cake was deemed tastier than one from the box and it wasn’t too difficult to make. I want to try making it again and see if not having the egg whites get so stiff helps it get a little higher. The swiss meringue butter cream was actually pretty good but next time I want to try a different recipe. This one would have worked for spreading on a cake but wasn’t near thick enough for piping.
The mayonnaise didn’t come together for me the first time so I pulled out the trusty KitchenAid mixer and attached the mix. With the addition of another egg yolk and slowly drizzling in my failed batch, it worked perfectly! It was even a little too thick. Next time, I’m using the KitchenAid from the beginning.
- Dinner with friends – brought angel food cake
- My birthday dinner. . . I think we might use a gift card.
- Leftovers x 3 (I have a couple back up meal options if we run out of leftovers)
- Dinner with friends
- Slow Cooker Moroccan Chicken
- Radio Station event
- Yogurt (if I get it made)
Goals (affiliate links):
- Go through coat closet, living room bookshelf, and remaining kitchen drawers.
- Read Start: Punch Fear in the Face, Escape Average and Do Work that Matters and Praying for Boys: Asking God for the Things They Need Most by Brooke McGlothlin. I just have to make this a priority. Maybe if I haven’t read during the day read at least a chapter of each before bed.
- Exercise 3 times! Got this done last week. Went on several power walks pushing the double stroller and pulled out some exercise dvds. Hope to do the same this week.
- Publish 2 more posts.
- Spend time with friends.
What’s on your list for the week?
Linking up to Menu Plan Monday