One of my favorite meals is a sesame ginger salad (I’ll get the recipe up here sometime). It has a unique twist, is refreshing, and makes my taste buds extremely happy.
This dip is a play on that salad. A cream cheese base layered with some tasty toppings all pulled together with a dressing that will make you want to come back for more.
Serve with sesame chips and don’t forget you can adjust the toppings to fit your taste and even the ingredients in the dressing. (If you don’t have hoisin and don’t feel like buying a bottle, just leave it out. I think you’ll still enjoy the finished result.)
This post is part of a series. Don’t forget to find all the recipes for layer dips with an international flair here.
- 1½ T. vinegar
- 1½ T. soy sauce
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2 t. sesame oil
- 1 t. hoisin
- ¼ t. finely minced ginger
- ⅛ t. finely minced garlic
- 1/16 sambal, optional (or to taste)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 T. milk
- ⅓-1/2 cup finely chopped or shredded chicken
- 1 T. torn cilantro leaves
- 3 T. grated carrots
- 1 T. finely chopped celery (optional)
- 1 -2 T. thinly sliced green onions
- 1-2 T. sliced almonds
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and mix with a fork.
- Combine the cream cheese and milk and cream and stir until smooth. Spread on the bottom of a glass platter or dinner plate.
- Layer the chicken on top of the cream cheese and drizzle with a little over half of the dressing.
- Next layer the carrots and then finish by sprinkling on the remaining ingredients. Adjust topping ingredients amounts according to the size of your plate.
- Finish by drizzling with the remaining dressing.
Every Friday in January I’m going to be sharing a layered dip with flavors from around the world! Be sure to subscribe via e-mail, like us on Facebook, and follow on Pinterest so you don’t miss out.
Linking up to Recipe Sharing Monday, Happiness is Homemade, Mindful Mommy Monday, Pin It Monday, Motivation Monday, Mama Moments Monday, Living Proverbs 31, TGIM, Natural Living Monday, Good Tips Tuesday, Share Your Stuff Tuesday, Babies and Beyond, Titus 2 Tuesday, Tending Home Tuesday, Do Tell Tuesday, Teach Me Tuesday, Lovely Ladies Linky, Welcome Home Wednesday, Homemaking Link Up, Wellness Wednesday, Fabulously Frugal Thursday, All Things Thursday, Pin It Thursday, Thriving Thursday, Proverbs 31 Thursdays, Simple Lives Thursday, Thrifty Thursday, Mommy Brain Mixer, Fellowship Fridays, Foodie Friends Friday, The Weekend reTreat, Let’s Get Real, Family Fun Friday, Follow Our Thrift, Frugal Homeschool Friday, Strut Your STuff, Link Party Palooza, Weekend Wind Down Party, Show Stopper Saturday, Old Fashioned Recipe Exchange