Eeek. So posting really didn’t happen last week. Shaun worked late every day because of Pledge Drive at the Christian radio station. This past weekend was busy with family time and catching up on things around the house. We’ll see how this week pans out, but with unexpected company this week (my mom!!!) there will be plenty of help with the kiddos and maybe I can even tackle a blogging project that’s been on the back burner (subscriber freebie, editorial calendar and newsletter perhaps) or maybe that’s thinking a bit too ambitious. We’ll see what happens.
This weekend we had a little daddy daughter (belated) birthday date. She was pretty excited and knew right away which restaurant she wanted to pick. I think that Chick-Fil-A would have come out on top if we had one here just because of the play area. She had to deck herself out in all of her “jewels” as she likes to call them.
The weather was gorgeous so we did a park trip as well and let the kids burn off some energy. The little guy might be braver than his sister now (which makes me a little nervous).
Last week it worked out well feeding the kids the same supper all week. Since Shaun is eating at work, we are taking it easy around here. This week will be the same – making up a big batch of mac and cheese for them.
- Homemade biscuits, eggs, and bacon
- Leftover Pizza
- The last of the leftover baked spaghetti from last week for the kids Monday
- Mac and Cheese the rest of the week for them
- I’ve been eating leftovers that Shaun brings home. . . not the healthiest but it’s easy and I think we’ve done this every pledge drive we’ve been married. I’m all about a week off of cooking.
- Salads for me
- Bean Tostadas was our typical Sunday lunch. But I think they might be getting old, so after this stuff is gone, I might have to give them a rest for a while.
- Birthday date for Shaun and the 4 year old and leftovers for us two at home
- Cheese tostadas and fruit (and bites of my salad). . . the kids have really been enjoying these lately
Breakfasts will be some of:
- Orange Banana Chia Seed Smoothies
- Leftover biscuits
- Rolled Oats and yogurt
- Chocolate Banana Baked Oatmeal Muffins
- Last week I took the week off of BeFit and did a one week pilates challenge. I’ve decided I need to keep pilates in my life based on how stiff and tight I was after months off. This week I’d like to do BeFit, Pilates, and maybe even attempt jogging. We’ll see. I’m going for more variety now.
- Read. I have no idea if this will actually happen, but I have plenty of options: When Helping Hurts: How to Alleviate Poverty Without Hurting the Poor . . . and Yourself and At the Foot of the Snows and start Own Your Life: Living with Deep Intention, Bold Faith, and Generous Love by Sally Clarkson.
- Start the HelloMorning’s Psalm Study
- Start a blogging project or two
- There are revival services at our church the first 3 nights this week. We weren’t going to go since they start when the kids are getting ready for bed and Shaun wouldn’t be off of work to get there in time. Now that my mom is here, we’ll see what happens.
Linking up to Menu Plan Monday