It’s Monday again! Having a menu plan and taking some time to prep on the weekend always helps the work week go more smoothly. This week’s shopping trip was easy – restock on a few fruits, lettuce, and eggs and we are good to go.
Last week’s personal pizzas (that we made big enough for two meals) on the grill. This is mine with tomatoes, olives, zucchini, and green and yellow onions with olive oil for sauce.
I’m dubbing this the summer of salads. They are great for keeping the oven off, prepping in advance, and being healthy and easy. We are doing two different supper salads this week and just because I haven’t been inspired by anything else Shaun and I are sticking with our lunch salads.
I guess we aren’t lacking in the vegetable department. I keep a bag of cooked beans in the freezer that are perfect for adding to my salad at lunch time. Supper salads tend to be more substantial and the lunch ones just veggies thrown together.
One of my very favorite salads that we also had last week. Greek salad with tzatziki sauce. Yum!
- Grilled Bone-In Chicken, Watermelon, Broccoli, and Bread
- Ranch Style Bean Salad (Salad with a Tex Mex flare) x 2
- Salad with grilled chicken (leftover from Sunday’s supper) x 3
- Grilled Bratwursts, Broccoli, Watermelon, and Bread
It doesn’t get much easier than this. Especially if you cook up extra chicken and have watermelon left for later in the week.
- Olive Oil Pasta
- Ranch Style Bean Salad (Salad with a Tex Mex flare) (so we’ll have this a total of 3 times)
- Salads x 5 for Shaun and me
- Leftover pasta, bread, veggies etc x 5 for the kids
- Eggs x 3 (Shaun and me)
- Blueberry Pancakes for my daughter on the egg days
- Oatmeal x 7 for my 2 year old – his favorite breakfast food
- Smoothies x 2
- Biscuits x 2
Except for the biscuits, this week’s menu is oven free.
If you are looking for some fun side dishes to use for grilling, check out this great list:
What are you eating this week?
Linking up to Menu Plan Monday