Basil, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. All things I love and this dip puts them over the top. No pasta or heating of the oven necessary. This appetizer is refreshing, creamy, and light. Served on top of bagel chips (or thinly slices baguettes toasted in the oven) and you have the perfect combination. Serve it with a nice salad and you’d have an ideal meal for a girls’ night.
This would also make a great addition to your Valentine’s dinner.
I’m a little sad this is the last Friday in January. Coming up with fun dips all month has been a blast and very tasty. If you’ve missed any of the dips when an international flair, you can find them here.
In case you are wondering what to do with the rest of the container of ricotta, next Friday I’ll have a recipe to share with you that will solve that problem.
- ½ cup ricotta cheese (full fat is thicker and holds up better)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- ⅛ t. salt
- 2 T. fresh parsley, minced
- 2 T. grated Parmesan
- 3 roma tomatoes (1 cup) deseeded and diced
- 2 T. finely chopped red onion
- 2 T. chiffonade basil
- ⅛ t. garlic paste
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 T. balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Additional basil for garnish
- Grated Parmesan
- Combine the cheeses until smooth.
- Stir in salt, parsley, and parmesan.
- Spread on the bottom of a plate or pie pan.
- Combine all topping ingredients in a bowl. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Let sit for an hour.
- Using a slotted spoon to let as much of the liquid off as possible put on top of the cheese layer.
- Garnish with additional basil and freshly grated parmesan.
- Refrigerate until serving.
Linking up to Motivation Monday, Recipe Sharing Monday, Mindful Mommy Monday, Pin It Monday, Happiness is Homemade, Natural Living Monday, Good Tips Tuesday, TGIM, Living Proverbs 31, Mama Moments Monday, Babies and Beyond, Tending the Home Tuesday, Share Your Stuff Tuesday, Titus 2 Tuesday, Do Tell Tuesday, Teach Me Tuesday, A Wise Woman, WFMW, Welcome Home Wednesday, Homemaking Link-Up, Lovely Ladies, Wednesday Link Party, What’s Cookin’ Wednesday, Show and Share Wednesday, Mixing Bowl Party, All Things Thursday, Fabulously Frugal Thursday, Simple Lives Thursday, Proverbs 31 Thursday, Thriving Thursday, House to Home, Pin It Thursday, Thrifty Thursday, Foodie Friends Friday, The Weekend ReTreat, Hearts for Home, Family Fun Friday, Let’s Get Real, Frugal Homeschool Friday, Follow Our Thrift, Fellowship Fridays, Strut Your Stuff, Link Party Palooza, Weekend Wind Down, Show Stopper Link Party, Titus 2sday, Old Fashioned Recipe Exchange