Friday night we participated in Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-fil-a for the first time. Even though she might not look it in the picture, our daughter had a blast. She loved dressing up and meeting the cow mascot. Before we left home she’d occasionally get down on all fours and start mooing.
Other than the cow excitement, our week was a low keyed one and this week is looking like more of the same. Even the Thursday night event is postponed until next week. That will give us all the more time to work on getting the house cleaned and organized. We made progress but have a ways to go. I suppose a 1 year old who doesn’t play but rather destroys doesn’t help any.
This girl loves to help. If I’m doing something she thinks she can too. She’s working hard grating cheese for the nacho cheese sauce to go with the chips.
I think it’s safe to say, we are all excited for the cooler temperatures coming the rest of this week. The highs are not even supposed to hit 80 a couple of days! It will be a great change from the upper 90s and 100s.
- Snack supper – chips, salsa, cheese sauce (velveeta free – made a recipe we actually liked this time!), watermelon
- Leftovers x 3
- Salmon (haven’t decided how I’m going to cook it yet)
- Chicken Pasta Salad (Trying my hand at homemade mayonnaise for the first time. We’ll see what happens)
- Undecided: Chili Bean Nachos (trying a new recipe for homemade chili beans), Quinoa Dippers, or Breakfast
- BLT Salad
- Bean and Cheese Tostadas
- Berry Green Smoothies
- Clean the refrigerator
- Read Start: Punch Fear in the Face, Escape Average and Do Work that Matters and Praying for Boys: Asking God for the Things They Need Most by Brooke McGlothlin.
- Exercise 3 times
- Publish 2 more posts
- Mop the floors
What are you eating this week? Is it cooling off where you are?
Linking up to Menu Plan Monday