fWhat a week. Wednesday morning we woke our kids up, dressed them and placed them in the car. Our daughter asked if we were going to the local book store, but that wasn’t the reason for heading out at 7am. We arrived at Silver Dollar City when they opened and was it ever a fun surprise. The baby, obviously, could not have cared less but big sister had the biggest smile on her face and skipped her way into the park. Operation surprise was a success.
We got back Thursday and then Friday evening my husband’s parents, brother, sister-in-law, and nephew came for the weekend. Needless to say, we didn’t get a lot of extras done besides cleaning and preparing for company. An ice storm also came through Friday night and most of the churches in town cancelled on Sunday. It made for a relaxing morning yesterday.
Looking forward to a two day work week and celebrating Christmas with my little family.
- Cinnamon Rolls (we have these every Christmas, but I made them early when family was here)
- Cranberry Muffins (adapted this recipe a bit for the second morning with family)
- Yogurt and Granola
- Sweet Potato Hashbrowns
- Greek Wraps/Salad with these wraps (family)
- Out to eat (family)
- Baked Sweet Potatoes (Russets for my husband)
- Red Curry Thai Noodles I always add julienned carrots as well (family)
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day are still up in the air
Goals (affiliate links):
- Read Pride and Prejudice and Primal A Quest for the Lost Soul of Christianity (didn’t read at all last week)
- Plan January on the blog
- Finish getting ready for the holiday
- Thank you cards
- End of year donation receipts for our local concert series association
Linking up to Menu Plan Monday