Hopefully you aren’t tired of all the pizza talk yet. (My husband would say there is no such thing as too much pizza.) I promise we are almost done. I shared my tips for making pizza on a budget and my recipe for crust and tips for making the perfect pizza already. Today, I’m going to give you my sauce recipe.
Let me tell you a secret. Pizza sauce is one of the easiest things to make and can be done in seconds. There is no need to purchase jarred sauce if you have basic spices in your pantry. I use tomato sauce. If you are out, tomato puree or another tomato based product would work.
Pizza sauce is one of those things I never measure ingredients on. I add a shake of this and a shake of that. The past few times I’ve made it, I’ve pulled out the measuring spoons to get this recipe. Feel free to switch it up and taste and adjust at the end. Sometimes I’ll add thyme and in the summer when I have fresh herbs I love to add them instead of dried ones.
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon marjoram
- pinch of rosemary
- pinch of fennel seeds, optional
- small pinch of red pepper flakes
- freshly cracked pepper
- Combine everything in a small saucepan and gently heat on low to let the flavors combine.
- I use approximately ½ cup per pizza. This recipe makes enough for three pizzas.
- Freeze in pizza size portions if you aren't going to use it all.
Linking up to these fun parties!