We had our first real snow of the winter here in Oklahoma. It probably was over 2 inches (which beat the dusting we had back in November) and the kids loved getting out into it to play. I’d rather stay warm watching them from inside. 🙂
This week’s post will be short and sweet. It’s Sunday evening, the kids are asleep and I’m ready to be too. It’s been a long several weeks with the little guy waking up and last night was one of the worst. I know someday (soon, I hope) we’ll get the sleep thing figured out but in the meantime there’s a lot of just surviving going on.
Starting Tuesday, the next two weeks are the pledge drive for the Christian radio station my husband works at. That means they have meals provided to them so food around our house will be really basic – I just have the kiddos to feed so I’m looking forward to a lot of nights “off”.
- Chili x 2
- Small Groups
- Ladies Bible Study
- Mac and Cheese for the kids x 3
- Bean and Cheese Tostadas (not terribly exciting, but I’m all about only having to cook once a day so these make a quick and easy no-cook after church lunch)
- Salads – Me (Shaun will be having pledge drive food)
- Cheese Tostadas – the kids (Kenna loves eating them with just cheese)
- Maybe guacamole one day with some leftover chips
- Avocado Spinach Smoothie
- Chocolate Banana Baked Oatmeal Muffins (made over the weekend and froze)
- Oatmeal and oats/yogurt/applesauce/chia seed combination
(affiliate links used for books)
Sometimes, when you are exhausted, making goals sounds like not very much fun. I didn’t get any of my books read last week, but did finishing reading A Bear Called Paddington aloud to Kenna. She now wants to watch the movie (which looks nothing like the book). This weeks goals are just going to be my basic 4:
- Read some more of When Helping Hurts: How to Alleviate Poverty Without Hurting the Poor . . . and Yourself and At the Foot of the Snows and start Own Your Life: Living with Deep Intention, Bold Faith, and Generous Love by Sally Clarkson.
- Continue in The Mouse and the Motorcycle
with my 4 year old (she’s loving this one)
- BeFit Youtube exercise program. I should be starting level three, but am going to stick to level 2 another week.
- Keep working on scripture memory.
Linking up to Menu Plan Monday