Garlic breadsticks are amazing! We found this recipe in a magazine that’s no longer in print many years ago and they have become a family favorite. I’ve brought them to serve with supper with friends and they all love them as well.
Shape them as thick, thin, short or long as you’d like. It’s a great project to get the kids involved on. My daughter loves rolling snakes and shaping dough anytime we make something with yeast.
In the winter when my house is cool, I always allow for longer raising times or place in a warm location.
- 1¼ cup warm water
- 1¼ Tablespoon olive oil
- 1¼ Tablespoon sugar
- 1¼ teaspoon salt
- 3¼ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- Melted butter or oil
- Garlic Salt
- Place flour, salt, sugar, yeast, and olive oil in a bowl (or mixer bowl).
- Add the warm water an mix/knead until smooth.
- Cover bowl with a towel and raise for 30 minutes.
- Shape in to bread sticks.
- Raise 30 minutes.
- Brush with oil or melted butter.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove and brush with oil or butter and sprinkle with garlic salt and return to oven for 2-5 more minutes.
- Taste best straight from the oven.
Linking up to these fun parties!