Okay, how can Thanksgiving possibly be next week? It’s crazy. The fact that the weather the past few days has been in the 60s and 70s probably doesn’t help me having a hard time wrapping my brain around it. Not complaining though. I’ll take any days I can of being able to sit out in the backyard holding the baby while watching my very active daughter burn off some energy.
I made a from scratch version of one of my family’s favorite desserts growing up, Mississippi Mud Pie. It was oh so good but I need to tweak the pudding a touch before I post the recipe. Let’s just say it didn’t set up quite enough to hold its shape.
- Apple Pancakes (recipe coming Friday)
- Sweet Potatoes
- Taco night at a friends’ house
Chicken Gravy over potatoes (was going for chicken ala king type of dish using biscuits, but then potatoes were on sale and easier to bake than biscuits so I decided to do it that way)Scratch that. Friends invited us over.
- Bananas, apples, grapes
- Reading. Finish Sally Clarkson’s 10 Gifts of Wisdom and Crystal Paine’s new book, Say Goodbye to Survival Mode: 9 Simple Strategies to Stress Less, Sleep More, and Restore Your Passion for Life, that’s being released in January. Made good progress on both of these last week. (Amazon affiliate links)
- Running. Would like to get 2 times in. (More would be great, but I’m not going to push it.)
- Spend time in the Bible each morning (My previous study just ended so I don’t have a structured one until the Advent study starts.)
- Flesh out December’s posting schedule
- Cook and puree a pumpkin
Linking up to Menu Plan Monday