Can you believe that my husband doesn’t like cream cheese (or yogurt or sour cream but that’s an entirely different story). I happen to love the stuff. ¬†Especially when it’s made into a wonderfully creamy dessert. I’m not about to make a cheesecake for myself, though, since I know I would eat entirely too much of it. I indulge when I’m having company that enjoys it as much as I do or we are at friends’ houses who serve it.
My sister, Janna, found this recipe several years ago and adapted it and is sharing it with us today.
This layered pumpkin cheesecake is beautiful and easy and would be the perfect conclusion to your Christmas dinner. Not having a cheesecake pan isn’t a problem with this recipe – it uses a graham cracker crust in a pie pan. Purchase one ready made or check out this recipe to make it from scratch. Now I just need to invite a cheesecake lover over so I have an excuse to make one!
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 pre-packed graham cracker crust (or homemade)
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- whipped cream to top with
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Beat until smooth, then blend in eggs one at a time.
- Remove 1 cup of the batter and spread into the prepared crust.
- Add pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg to the remaining batter and stir gently until well blended.
- Carefully spread over batter in crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the center is almost set.
- Allow to cool, then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Top with whipped cream.
Linking up to Faith Filled Friday, Let’s Get Real, The Weekend reTreat, Link Party Palooza,¬†¬†Strut Your Stuff, Mama Moments, Living Proverbs 31, TGIM,¬†Pin It Monday, Teach Me Tuesday,¬†Thriving Thursday, Babies and Beyond,¬†Titus 2 Tuesday, Do Tell Tuesday, Pin It Thursday,¬†Lovely Ladies Link Up, Thrifty Thursday,¬†Recipe Sharing Monday,¬†Good Tips Tuesday,¬†Welcome Home Wednesday, WFMW,¬†House to Home,¬†THE Pin Party,¬†Weekend Wind-Down Link Party, Mixing Bowl Party