We love Mexican food around here. Taco salads and quesadillas seem to be the most common “go to” meals. This recipe is a bit of a different twist on quesadillas, and those avoiding wheat can enjoy them, too. We will be adding this easy recipe for Corn Tortilla Fajita Quesadillas to the menu often.
Fajita Corn Tortilla Quesadillas
- ½ of a large bell pepper (or 1 small one), thinly sliced
- ½ onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 small tomato, thinly sliced
- ⅛ cup cilantro
- 1 cup cheese (combination mozzarella and cheddar)
- 1 small chicken breast, sliced
- 8 corn tortillas
- Oil (I use expeller pressed coconut oil)
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 T. lime juice
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ¼ t. cumin
- ⅛ t. onion powder
- drop of tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper
- Salsa, Sour Cream, Guacamole
- Combine the marinade ingredients. Add the thinly sliced chicken and let sit for 20 minutes. Then saute until cooked through.
- In a skillet, saute the bell pepper, onion and jalapeno with a small amount of oil until tender. Remove from heat.
- Place 4 tortillas on the counter and divide the cooked vegetables, chicken, tomato, cilantro and cheese between them. Top with the remaining 4 tortillas.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Brush the skillet with oil and place quesadilla in the pan. Cook until lightly brown. Brush the uncooked side with oil and flip. Cook until tortilla is done and cheese melted.
- Serve with any or all of the following: salsa, sour cream or guacamole.
Recipe adapted from Better Home and Gardens
Linking up to Natural Living Monday, Thrifty Thursday, The Mixing Bowl Recipe Party, The Better Mom, Welcome Home Wednesday, Good Taste Tuesday, Healthy 2Day Wednesday, Pin It Thursday, House to Home, The Weekend reTreat, Teach Me Tuesday, Tending the Home Tuesday, Create it Or Bake it, Titus 2 Tuesday, Mama Moments, TGIM, Recipe Sharing Monday, Living Proverbs 31, Share Your Stuff Tuesdays, Get Inspired
Mmm… looks very good! I love Mexican food, but haven’t ever tried using fajitas in a quesadilla. Thanks for sharing on Natural Living Monday!
Thanks! They were super yummy. We’ll be making them a lot. Thanks for the link-up, it’s a lot of fun!
Fajitas are a fav in my house and these look great! I’ll have to try these soon. Thanks for joining the Mixing Bowl Party!
Mexican (or tex-mex might be more accurate. . .) food is amazing. Never get tired of it. Thanks for stopping by!
These sound great! I love corn tortillas but never thought to use them when i make a quesadilla i have always used just boring flour. Thanks for the idea!! Would love for you come and share at my linky party http://mommyondemand.com/create-bake-6/
They are amazing! Yeah, I hadn’t thought about it before either. The corn tortillas taste amazing when they are slightly crisped up. Looking forward to checking out your blog.
Stopping by from Weekend Retreat party. I am going to try these!
They are really easy and good! Yum! Thanks for stopping by!
Pingback: 75 Delicious Chicken Recipes for You - Beauty in the Mess