Easter is just around the corner and of course that means thinking about figuring out Easter basket ideas for the kids and what exactly those Easter gifts should be. This year it’s going to be quite a bit different for most of us. The biggest of the Christian holidays and we’ll all be celebrating at home this year with non of the usual traditions!
If I’m honest, it’s been years since we’ve done Easter gifts in our house. Typically the days leading up to and including Easter include many egg hunts, events, and fun memories that I haven’t felt the need to compile Easter baskets of our own. On Easter the focus is more on church and family.
Affiliate links are used in this post. See disclosure page for more information.
In this year of quiet, doing less, and making memories at home we are going to celebrate the Resurrection and worship as a family at home and online, and I think that we might just have to include Easter baskets for the kids. They will be so excited!
If you are like me, you don’t want more stuff in your house and you want things that encourage creativity and action! I’ve put together a list of over 50 Easter basket ideas for kids that I know my 3 would enjoy. These are especially good ideas for keeping our kids busy during this time of self-distancing!
Easter Basket Ideas For Kids
Indoor Activities, Crafts, and Kits
- Mosaic Sticker Books My daughter has the zoo animal one and loves it.
- Friendship Bracelets
- My First Crochet Book and the supplies to go with it
- My First Knitting Book (and the supplies to go with it)
- DIY Wooden Rubberband Paddle Boat My son would love this, especially if we then went to a creek to race them!
- Butterfly Needlepoint Kit
- Wooden 3D Puzzles These are so cool looking!
- Highlight Puzzle Challenge Book Both of my big kids love puzzle books like this.
- Science Kit We have the Mind Blowing Science Kit and the kids always enjoy taking it out.
- Floor Puzzle, 100 piece puzzle Or try a bigger puzzle and work as a family to put it together over the next weeks.
- Paper Dolls
- Doll Clothes (Hobby Lobby is a great place to look)
- Lego book by Sara Dees
- Lego Chain Reactions
- Cat’s Cradle String Game Book I enjoyed learning these games as when I was young.
- Klutz Book of Knots
- Paper Airplane Book
- Modeling Clay
Fun, Personal Items:
- New Flip Flops Check out Old Navy or Children’s Place for sales.
- Graphic T-Shirt
- Summer PJs
- Warmies Our local bookstore has these, yours might too!
- Stainless Steel Water Bottle My kids received these for Christmas and have loved them
- Favorite Foods Treats you don’t normally buy are always a great idea for the Easter basket. And being able eat things from it might make the days at home a little more special.
- Sidewalk Chalk If your kids go through chalk like mine do, I prefer to just pick it up from Dollar Tree.
- Craft Kits from Dollar Tree
- Bubbles and Bubble Wands
- Bubble Machine 5 Below carries these and I’m sure Wal-Mart would as well.
- Water Guns (for the entire family!!!)
- Fun Sprinkler We bought a splash sprinkler pad and the kids have enjoyed that.
- Beach Towels
- Jump Rope and jump rope rhyme book! We had this one when I was a kid
- Glow Sticks
- Chinese Jump Rope
Christian Themed Books, DVDs, CDs
- Yancy Praise Party DVD or CD
- Seeds Family Worship DVD or CD
- Adventures in Odyssey CDs (Watch Focus on the Family for good deals)
- A New Bible or Storybook Bible
- Books. Here are some ideas:
Will you be putting together Easter baskets for your kids this year? What are your favorite Easter gifts? If you choose to skip the tradition all together this year or spend less and go super simple, no guilt from me!