A week filled with World Series watching (well, I’ve only watched partial games but my husband is a huge Royals fan so every game has been on), a day trip to the zoo, a concert, and regular life made the last 7 days fly by and left not a lot of time for extra projects.
Regular life takes up a lot of time when the boy child is a human tornado. Every thing he touches is destroyed. 🙂 We need to do better about staying on top of keeping doors closed. He even managed to get toilet paper inside the toilet bowl. . .
It was our first zoo trip in over a year – both kids loved it! The 17 month old was entranced and kept pointing and saying “wow”. The aquarium, elephants, and rhinoceros were the highlights. It’s always fun when the animals are active and playing.
Black Bean and Corn Spaghetti Squash
- Black Bean & Corn Spaghetti Squash x 2
- Black Bean Soup
- Egg Rolls
- Lentil Soup
- Quinoa Burgers from the (affiliate link) 100 Days of Real Food Cookbook
- Apple Pancakes
- Salads for Shaun and me and leftovers, bean tostadas, and sweet potatoes for the kids
- Kale smoothie
- Sweet potato hash browns and eggs
- Sweet potato breakfast casserole
This weeks goals are going to look a lot like last week. Besides the essentials, a lot of extras didn’t get done. Hopefully this week we can make good progress on some of the extras.
- Craft show items and putting together signage for the booth.
- Work on a subscriber freebie (thinking a mini e-book with recipes)
- Write 2 more posts
- Exercise (need to get back into the routine I had before our trip)
- Review Bible verses and start a new one
- Read a couple more chapters in (aff link) When Helping Hurts: How to Alleviate Poverty Without Hurting the Poor . . . and Yourself (just read part of a chapter last week)
Linking up to Menu Plan Monday