I think we might be finally crawling out of the Christmas busyness and hopefully settling into a bit of a routine. That is until new craziness hits, but hopefully that won’t be for a little while. I just checked the last one of these mini updates/menu plan/goals that I posted was from December 8. It’s been a while.
My favorite part of the Christmas holiday was actually the week after Christmas. I seemed that life slowed down enough to actually enjoy things. We spent a quiet New Year’s Eve home, I was able to hang out with some good childhood friends one afternoon, and another day had a movie night with another friend. It was nice to finish December with some calmness and relaxing.
We are now halfway through January with the grand intention of going through our house and organizing and throwing away. I’ve actually made decent progress but we have yet to hit the worst room in the house – my husband’s “office”/guest room/craft show storage. It will then get interesting.
I did a quick shopping trip yesterday and restocked up on produce but other than that I’m trying to use a lot of what we have in the house and make an easy menu plan around that.
- Leftover cinnamon rolls from small groups x 3
- Sweet potato hash browns and scrambled eggs x 2
- Broccoli egg bake
- Or something like that anyway. Breakfasts are easy in our house and scrambled eggs are a simple default.
- Baked Potatoes/Baked sweet potatoes
- Bean and cheese tostadas
- Lunch at Freddy’s thanks to a gift card
- Leftover Thai red curry with chicken
- Small groups (breakfast theme)
- Leftover tex mex sweet potato casserole
- Breakfast burritos
- One pan chicken burrito bowls x 2
- Continue with the BeFit Youtube exercise level 1
- Thank you cards!
- Budget meeting
- Spend time in the Bible each day
- Actually post this week
- Get back into going through a blogging series
Linking up to Menu Plan Monday