I can’t be the only one. I’m sure we’ve all had times we’ve tried to cut back on sweeteners (even honey and maple syrup). Other times wheat or dairy. We are in the middle of a Whole30 right now, so that means we are doing without all of those.
Sure, things like ice cream and popcorn aren’t a necessary part of our diets but sometimes I just want something cold and refreshing or a snack I can sit down in front of a movie with to munch on. Dried fruit, fresh fruit, vegetables, nuts. All great options but none really have that special snack edge that ice cream does. 🙂
I remember discovering this super tasty way to eat grapes years ago when I was in high school and have used it every since. You need to try it! It might sound weird, but it’s sooo good and frozen grapes make the easiest snack ever. (Plus, they are Whole30 approved.)
Here’s your super easy instructions:
- When grapes go on sale, stock up! Buy pounds of them.
- Pick the grapes off the stem and place in a colander. Rinse well and then dump on a towel to dry.
- Then simply pour them onto rimmed baking sheets in a single layer and stick in the freezer.
- Once frozen, put in a zipped freezer bag and they’ll be sitting in the freezer waiting for you to fill up a bowl to munch on.
Unlike most fruit, you can eat these straight out of the freezer. No thawing necessary. They are the perfect texture. My husband says they taste like a slushy. 🙂
What’s your favorite frozen fruit? Have you had frozen grapes before?
- Pick grapes off the stem and put in colander.
- Rinse well and pour onto a towel to dry.
- Put grapes on rimmed baking sheets in a single layer and place in the freezer.
- Once frozen (give it several hours), transfer to zipped storage bags or containers.
- Eat directly out of the freezer.
Linking up to these fun parties!