It’s October this week and there’s less than 3 months into Christmas! Slightly scary. I’m ready for the highs to be in the 60s and 70s but it’s not going to happen in the 10 day forecast. Hopefully it doesn’t go from hot to cold. I’m hoping for a decent amount time of perfect fall weather. 🙂
We went to a new corn maze with the kids on Saturday. The liked wondering through the paths for the first half and then it got a little miserable when we were all red and hot with the sun beating down on us. Definitely more enjoyable when it’s 10 degrees cooler. They enjoyed playing in the dried corn pile, riding on the horse tire swings, and going down the slide. It was a fun place to go for little kids.
Last week we seemed to get into a really good rhythm for being productive, staying on top of things, and just over all having a good week. Hopefully it will carry over to this week. Sunday I baked sweet potatoes for the little guy’s lunches, prepped salad stuff for the week, and got the Paleo Breakfast Casserole put together to bake this morning (and we’ll have leftovers for the next several days). A little prep work can go a long ways for having a smooth week.
Slow Cooker Moroccan Chicken
(There’s a lot of winging it when it comes to meals this week!)
- Paleo Tex Mex Casserole x 2
- Spinach and Chicken Stuffed/Topped Sweet Potatoes
- Beef and Broccoli over Spaghetti Squash x 2
- Chicken Curry over Spaghetti Squash x 2
- If we run out of leftovers – chicken salad with homemade mayo
- Whole roasted chicken with acorn squash and carrots
- Leftover Moroccan chicken from last week
- Leftovers and sweet potatoes for the kids
- Salads for Shaun and myself
- Sweet potato boats
- Paleo breakfast casserole
- Eggs and sweet potato hash browns when we run out of the casserole
- Continue with pilates and power walking with the double stroller Mon-Fri! (Did it all 5 days last week.) Thinking about signing up for this for extra accountability.
- Read a couple more chapters in When Helping Hurts: How to Alleviate Poverty Without Hurting the Poor . . . and Yourself and maybe start another book.
- Write 3 more posts
- Work on Bible memory (worked on a few verses last week, going to continue with them)
- Clean/declutter/organize our bedroom
- Work on ponytail holders and promotional items for the next craft show
What are you cooking? Any plans for the week?
Linking up to Menu Plan Monday
There is a great farm near our house with a corn pile as well. My kids still love it and the oldest is 12!
How fun! Some day I want to go to a farm with a huge corn pile – they would have a blast.
Great goals this week! Your menu sounds super tasty too! I want to start eating more whole foods and incorporate healthier snacks too.
Thanks, Shay! It’s been fun doing the Whole30 and having all kinds of healthy meals on our menu. There’s been some duds but a lot of good ones too.