Beautiful weather returned for a few days this weekend. We spent part of the (Sunday) afternoon playing in the backyard pretending to be flying. Oh to have the imagination of a 3 year old. After both kids were covered in dead grass they headed to the bath. Only a few hours later some friends called wanting to know if we could meet at the park. Might as well take full advantage of the gorgeous day. Now both kids are in bed and as I sit and type this I can hear the wind howling outside. I think the arctic air is on its way back. At least in this part of the country the cold only stays around a few days. Unlike my sister in Minnesota where the heat wave is in the 20s. Brrr. I’m thankful that’s the high on our coldest day and not warmest.
If you haven’t noticed, our food stays pretty simple around here. In fact, most of what I cook gets served more than once. Right now, it’s what works. It frees up a lot of time for me during the week and is one fewer thing to worry about.
- Cheesy Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole
- Homemade Pizza
- Leftover soup and casserole x however many meals we can get out of it
- Vegetable Soup
- Leftover pizza and sweet potatoes for our daughter
- Green Tropical Smoothies
- Soaked Oatmeal (cut back the honey)
- Pancakes from freezer
Goals (affiliate links used):
- Read 10 chapters in Pride and Prejudice, read The Purity Principle, and start Maximized Living Nutrition Plans
- Get the concert series membership drive envelopes printed and ready to be stuffed
- Make 5 memory verse cards
- Plan February blog schedule
- Blogging On the Side Interview
What do you have going on this next week?
P.S. Be sure to come back tomorrow! I have my first giveaway on the blog coming up!
Linking up to Menu Plan Monday