Life is crazy! I always think things are going to slow down and get better but I’m beginning to think that we might just have to find a way to make things work for our family going at this pace, at least for a while. After the craft show is over there won’t be a never ending to do list of things that have to be accomplished by a certain date. When life gets like this, I’m thankful for simplicity.
On a side note, I’ve found making earrings to be quite relaxing and enjoyable. It’s a fun way to spend an hour or so each evening and the perfect time to catch up on watching movies or television shows online. I need to have everything completed 3 weeks from Friday. I will be selling the earrings, lip balm, room spray, and mason jar lidded straw cups with a chalkboard paint rectangle. The lip balms and room sprays should come together pretty easily. I just need a couple hour block of time to work on them.
I’ll try to remember to take pictures of the earrings and other products to share soon!
Oklahoma is crazy! I think we’ve completely skipped spring. The number of perfect temperature days we’ve had are minimal. It went from cold to 100 degrees today. It’s only the first week of May! I’m a little scared for what the rest of the summer is going to be like.
I’m thinking the next month our menu might become even more basic than normal. On top of being busy and lacking time, hot weather also seems to decrease the desire to cook.
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Small Groups – brought a dessert and chips and salsa
- Ladies’ Bible Study for me and pizza bread at home
- Crockpot BBQ Chicken with Sweet Potato Rounds
- Salads (for me and Shaun)
- Leftover macaroni and cheese
- Pizza Bread
- Oatmeal Banana Muffins
- Pancakes from the freezer
- Get the earrings done
- Figure out earring packaging
- Make the lip balm and room sprays
- Figure out labels for lip balm and room spray
- Figure out/make chalkboard rectangle on mason jars
- Read a chapter or two from Quitter: Closing the Gap Between Your Day Job & Your Dream Job (really liking it)
- Write 3 blog posts
- Continue the new 30 day challenge I’m doing with a friend
Here’s hoping for the little guy to have a couple good nights of sleep this week. I’m thinking I’m going to need it. 🙂
What’s on your menu? What are you goals for the week? If you have any quick and healthy recipes (not using the oven is a huge plus) to share or advice for my craft show going ons I’d love hear from you too!
Linking up to Menu Plan Monday
Oh labeling product! Not my favorite thing. Gotta make it look good, but I can’t always get the computer to do what I want it to do. Hope you have good luck with that aspect!
I know!!! I might try and twist my brother-in-law’s arm and see if he’ll help with designing the labels. I probably should figure out label sizes before I try to pass it over to him.