August is over. This month I’m going to share some some quotes from Declare and The Blog Planning Bootcamp with Emily’s link-up. (Once you get past the first few items I think a lot of what was taught applies to everyday life not just blogging.)
Things I Learned in August
- Abbie at Five Days Five Ways regarding DIY posts said to be extremely useful or insanely entertaining. (Hmmm, I think I have some work to do.)
- Amanda told on our Twitter profiles to link to our about pages (oops, I still need to do that to mine) and turn off notifications.
- She also suggested “Do to others as you would have them do to you” when it comes to your social media strategy.
- Don’t do what you feel like doing. Instead do the things that tomorrow you’ll wish you have done today.
- Sacrifice what you are for what you want (and hope) to be. (Thanks Kat Lee for these first two.)
- Just say “Yes God”. He promises to take care of us.
- Embrace who you are in God. Don’t try to be someone that God has not called you to be. (6 and 7 are thanks to Jill Monaco.)
- Pursue Passion (Not results).
- You can outlast those who are lucky and outwork those who are lazy.
- Don’t quit. (Finishing the list off with some good thoughts from Jeff Goins.)