You know how to cook quinoa and where to buy it (affiliate Links: Amazon, Vitacost, Sam’s Club, health food store). Now you need to know what to use it in. There is nothing more frustrating than having food taking up space in your pantry and not knowing what to use it in. You end up spending hours searching the internet to find the perfect recipe to try. To save you time I have collected a list of recipes and compiled them here. Hopefully you will find some that sound yummy. I know that I’ll be referring back to this list for my quinoa cooking needs. I have marked which recipes are Gluten Free and Dairy Free for you convenience. Just make sure you use gluten-free oats and dairy free chocolate chips such as these Enjoy Life ones. (Affiliate Link) Most recipes would be considered real food or can be made so with a few easy tweaks.
- Eat it as a side dish instead of rice (use broth and add sautéed onions and garlic and fresh or dried herbs when you cook it)
- Parmesan Garlic Quinoa at Beauty and Beard (GF)
- Quinoa Side Dish at All Recipes (GF, could be DF)
- Quinoa Succotash at Simply Recipes (GF, DF)
- Cheesy Zucchini Quinoa at Closet Cooking (GF)
- Fiesta Quinoa at Lauren Hefez (GF, DF)
- Vegetable Quinoa Soup at Two Peas and Their Pod (GF, DF)
- Slow Cooker Quinoa Chicken Chili at The Marathon Mom (GF, DF)
- Harvest Chicken Quinoa Soup at Iowa Girl Eats (GF, could be DF)
- Chickpea Tomato and Quinoa Soup at The Vegan Chickpea (GF, DF)
- Roated Sweet Potato Quinoa Soup at Tasty Kitchen (GF)
- Mexican Quinoa Soup at The Daily Muse Blog (GF, DF)
- Simple Tomato Basil Quinoa Soup at The Naptime Chef (GF, DF)
- Chicken and Butternut Squash Quinoa Stew at Mel’s Kitchen Café (GF, DF)
- Creamy White Bean Quinoa Soup at Down to Earth (GF, DF)
- Chipotle Black Bean and Quinoa Crock-Pot Stew at Tasty Yummies (GF, DF)
- Beef Potato and Quinoa Soup at Skinny Taste (GF, DF)
- Use it as a rice replacement when making stir-fry or fried rice
- Top with marinara as a noodle replacement in spaghetti
- Use it instead of noodles in the Brown Butter Garden Vegetable Pasta Skillet at How Sweet Eats
- For that matter, use it to replace wheat pasta in most any dish
- Crispy Quinoa Bake (I loved this, Shaun just liked it okay.) at The Live in Kitchen (GF)
- Balsamic Chicken with Quinoa and Vegatables at Sabby in Suburbia (GF, DF)
- Curried Chicken Quinoa with Peas at One Dish Dinners (GF, DF)
- Chicken and Quinoa Burritos at Real Simple
- Thai Chicken Quinoa Bowl at How Sweet Eats (GF, DF)
- Pizza Quinoa Casserole at Food Doodles (GF)
- Crunchy Cashew Thai Quinoa Salad at Tasty Kitchen (GF, DF)
- Asian Quinoa Salad at Two Peas and Their Pod (GF, DF)
- Lime-Cilantro Quinoa Salad (one of my favorite lunch dishes) at 100 Days of Real Food (GF, DF)
- Greek Quinoa Salad at Mom Advice (GF, optional DF)
- Quinoa and Pico de Gallo Salad at Azucar and Spice (GF, DF)
- Cumin Lime Black Bean Salad at Oh She Glows (GF, DF)
- Mediteranean Quinoa Salad at My Kitchen Addiction (GF, optional DF)
- Mexican Quinoa Salad with Grilled Chicken at Dear Crissy (GF, DF)
- Parmesan Quinoa Bites at Whole Lifestyle Nutrition (GF)
- Quinoa Pizza Bites at Fit Success (GF)
- Popped Quinoa at Real Healthy Recipes (GF, DF)
- Quinoa Crunch at Daily Bites Blog (GF, DF)
- No Bake Brown Butter Quinoa Bars at How Sweet Eats (GF)
- Quinoa Oat Protein Bars at Kitchen Stewardship (GF)
- Chocolate Quinoa Snack Balls at Food Confidence (GF, DF)
- Quinoa Coconut Granola Bars at Super Healthy Kids (GF, DF)
- Toasted Granola Bars with Quinoa, Chia, and Flax Seeds at Cooking Quinoa (GF, DF)
- Quinoa Granola at Gimme Some Oven (GF, DF)
- Crunchy Quinoa Granola at Two Peas and Their Pod (GF, DF)
- Quinoa Granola Allergen Free at Natural Fertility and Wellness (GF, DF)
- Coconut-Almond Breakfast Quinoa at Our Best Bites (GF, DF)
- Blueberry Lemon Breakfast Quinoa at All Recipes (GF)
- Apple Cinnamon Quinoa Bites at And They Cooked Happily Ever After (GF, DF)
- Quinoa Pancakes at Keeper of the Home (GF, optional DF)
- Dark Chocolate Banana Quinoa Pancakes at Healthy Girl and the City
- Blackberry Quinoa Muffins at Food and Spice
- Savory Quinoa Muffins at Playful Cooking
- Pumpkin Quinoa Muffins at The Daily Green
- Warm Almond Quinoa Breakfast Sundae at The Healthy Apple (GF)
- Quinoa Breakfast Cookies at Chip Chip Hooray (GF, DF)
- Quinoa Chocolate Cake at Mel’s Kitchen Cafe (GF)
- Quinoa Brownies at My Real Food Family (GF)
- Quinoa Cookies at Two Peas and Their Pod
- Quinoa Pudding at Honest Fare (GF)
- Popped Quinoa Dessert Bars at Real Healthy Recipes (GF, DF)
- Chocolate Dipped Quinoa Coconut Bars at Olives ‘n’ Wine (GF, DF)
- Almond Cranberry Quinoa Cookies at Tracey’s Culinary Adventures
- Banana Coconut Quinoa Cookies at Bites for Babies (GF, DF)
- Peanut Butter Quinoa Cookies at Dawn Jackson Blatner (GF, DF)
- No Bake Trail Mix Cookies at The Fit Cookie (GF, DF)
- Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Quinoa Cookies at Natural Sweet Recipes (DF)
Do you have any quinoa recipes to share? Linking up to Natural Living Monday, Healthy 2Day Wednesday, Wellness Wednesday, Simple Lives Thursday, Teach Me Tuesday, Women Living Well Wednesday, Thrifty Thursday Link Party, Mindful Mommy Monday, Mama Moments Monday, Thank Goodness It’s Monday, Mommy Brain Mixer, WFMW, Pin It Thursday, Thriving Thursday, Recipe Sharing Monday, Good Tastes Tuesday, Let’s Get Real, Old Fashioned Recipe Exchange
Thanks for the link up! All of these quinoa recipes look absolutely amazing – I can’t wait to try some of them 🙂
I can’t wait to try your bars! They look amazing and like they have the perfect chewy crunchy contrast. I can’t wait to try them, can’t beat a healthy dessert.
I absolutely love quinoa. Quinoa granola is one of my faves and always in my pantry!
I love it too! My standard granola recipe is almost out and then I’m going to try quinoa granola. I can’t wait.
So many great recipes to choose from! Thank you for sharing mine as well. I am going to check out some of the other recipes, especially the Chocolate Dipped Quinoa Coconut Bars – yum!!
I know! It makes me hungry looking over the list. I think that recipe looks great as well. Your no bake cookies sound amazing, and with how hot it is a treat that doesn’t require an oven is nice.
I love quinoa, in fact I am eating it in a salad this moment as I type!
This fabulous roundup of quinoa recipes will keep me eating quinoa for days! I like to make a savory Curried Quinoa Pilaf.
So glad I found your post on Thank Goodness It’s Monday. All the best!
Oooo, that sounds amazing! I love curry flavors. Thanks for stopping by!
What a great resource! Thank you!
Your welcome! I love quinoa so it was fun to go hunting for yummy looking recipes.
What a wonderful list! Thank you so much for putting all of this together. I LOVE finding unique, healthy recipes.
Morgan @ forgivenformerfeminist.blogspot.com
Thanks and you’re welcome! I love quinoa so it was fun to go searching for yummy looking recipes.
Quinoa is a staple in my house. I even get the kids to eat it. Sometimes they call it “weird rice” 🙂 This is a great roundup of recipes. Totally pinning it!
Thanks for joining the Mixing Bowl Party this month!
Love that you guys eat lots of quinoa! Love “weird rice”, that’s an awesome thing to call it. What’s your guys’ favorite way to eat it? My husband still isn’t a lover, but he tolerates it. Hopefully someday he’ll come around all the way. 🙂
what a great list! Thanks for linking it up with us for MMM link up party! I am going to try some of these out!
Thanks for hosting! I had a great time hunting down recipes from the list. I’ve enjoyed trying ones on there too. Quinoa is yummy!
Thanks for sharing, my husband and I love quinoa. My daughter isn’t so sure! I found your blog @ Works for me Wednesday. I would love it if you shared a post at my new linky party: http://www.joyfocusedlearning.com/2013/11/anything-goes-link-up-1.html
It’s the opposite in our house – my daughter and I like it and my husband tolerates it. 🙂 Some of the recipes are bound to be homeruns with him though, right?
Pingback: Good Tastes Tuesday Recipe Link Up #10
Pingback: Good Tastes Tuesday for December 17, 2013
Thanks for all the links. Some of these recipes sound delicious!
Thanks for stopping by! There are some really good ones.
Have you had a chance to try many of these? We use a lot of Quinoa – it has definitely helped my husband ( a huge lover of white rice) to bring his blood sugar to normal and get off of diabetes medicines. Would love to hear if others have tried any of these and about their successes and failures.
I’ve made the Slow Cooker Quinoa Chili, loved the Brown Butter Garden Pasta (can’t skip the sage though, it makes the dish), Crispy Quinoa Bake (I really liked it my husband just thought it was okay), Balsamic Chicken with Quinoa and vegetables (both like this one), Curry Chicken Quinoa with peas (both like), Lime Cilantro Qunioa Salad (I love this and easy to adapt. Wouldn’t be one of my husband’s favorites, so I make it for lunch), Quinoa Pizza Bites (these were just so so). I feel like I’ve made a few others, but I’m not sure which right now. You’ll have to let me know if you try any and how they are!
Thank you for this list!! I’ve been trying to come up with more quinoa recipes…these sound great! Can’t wait to try them.
Thanks, Marla! There are a ton of yummy recipes on here. Quinoa is a fun food.