We love Mexican food around here. Taco salads and quesadillas seem to be the most common “go to” meals. This recipe is a bit of a different twist on quesadillas, and those avoiding wheat can enjoy them, too. We will be adding this easy recipe for Corn Tortilla Fajita Quesadillas to the menu often.
- ½ of a large bell pepper (or 1 small one), thinly sliced
- ½ onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 small tomato, thinly sliced
- ⅛ cup cilantro
- 1 cup cheese (combination mozzarella and cheddar)
- 1 small chicken breast, sliced
- 8 corn tortillas
- Oil (I use expeller pressed coconut oil)
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 T. lime juice
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ¼ t. cumin
- ⅛ t. onion powder
- drop of tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper
- Salsa, Sour Cream, Guacamole
- Combine the marinade ingredients. Add the thinly sliced chicken and let sit for 20 minutes. Then saute until cooked through.
- In a skillet, saute the bell pepper, onion and jalapeno with a small amount of oil until tender. Remove from heat.
- Place 4 tortillas on the counter and divide the cooked vegetables, chicken, tomato, cilantro and cheese between them. Top with the remaining 4 tortillas.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Brush the skillet with oil and place quesadilla in the pan. Cook until lightly brown. Brush the uncooked side with oil and flip. Cook until tortilla is done and cheese melted.
- Serve with any or all of the following: salsa, sour cream or guacamole.
Recipe adapted from Better Home and Gardens
Linking up to Natural Living Monday, Thrifty Thursday, The Mixing Bowl Recipe Party, The Better Mom, Welcome Home Wednesday, Good Taste Tuesday, Healthy 2Day Wednesday, Pin It Thursday, House to Home, The Weekend reTreat, Teach Me Tuesday, Tending the Home Tuesday, Create it Or Bake it, Titus 2 Tuesday, Mama Moments, TGIM, Recipe Sharing Monday, Living Proverbs 31, Share Your Stuff Tuesdays, Get Inspired