Do you love the flavors of lasagna but the though of making it brings the vision of having a kitchen full of dishes to mind? This easy (one pot) dish will remedy that. I’m not kidding, one skillet is all you need! That makes my day. Dishes seem to pile up on my counter when I’m not cooking so the less time I need to spend cleaning the better.
If you want to save even more time, you could cook up double or triple portions of the meat/onion mixture you brown in the beginning and freeze in individual baggies. Prep time on the night you want it for dinner would then be next to nothing.
I hope you enjoy this tasty and simple dish as much as we did. It’s toddler and husband approved.
- 1 pound ground meat (beef, turkey, and/or pork)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅛ t. red pepper flakes
- 10 lasagna noodles, broken in 2 inch pieces
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes, with water added to make 4 cups
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup ricotta cheeese
- Fresh basil and additional Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Brown the meat, onion, garlic and red pepper flakes in a large skillet.
- Leave in the bottom of skillet and place the broken lasagna noodles on top.
- Pour the diced tomatoes with water and tomato sauce over noodles.
- Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook about 20 minutes until noodles are tender. Stir occasionally. Add more water if necessary.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper.
- Dot with tablespoons of ricotta cheese.
- Cover and let set for 5 minutes so the ricotta cheese warms.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil leaves and a little Parmesan.
Linking up to Happiness is Homemade, Motivation Monday, Living Proverbs 31, Recipe Sharing Monday, Modest Monday, Monday’s Musings, Natural Living Monday, TGIM, Mama Moments Monday, Pin It Monday, Good Tips Tuesday, Titus 2 Tuesday, Babies and Beyond, Share Your Stuff Tuesdays, Growing Homemakers, Tending the Home, Titus 2sday, Do Tell Tuesday, Old Fashioned Recipe Exchange, WFMW, Lovely Ladies Linky, Wise Woman Link-Up, Welcome Home Wednesday, Homemaking Link Up, Thriving Thursday, Pin It Thursday, Fabulously Frugal Thursday, All Things Thursday, From House to Home, Proverbs 31 Thursdays, Simple Lives Thursday, Let’s Get Real, Thrifty Thursday, Family Fun Friday, Hearts for Home, The Weekend ReTreat, Fellowship Fridays, Faith Filled Friday, Frugal Homeschool Friday, Link Party Palooza, Weekend Wind Down Party, Show Stopper Link Party, Follow Our Thrift, Strut Your Stuff