You need to put this mango lassi recipe on your “need to make asap” list!
It’s creamy, refreshing, and super simple to make. This post will tell you how to make a mango lassi. (And let me be honest, it really isn’t that difficult. ðŸ™‚ )
It’s no secret that I enjoy Indian food (as evidenced by these recipes: Butter Chicken, Naan, Peas Pilau, Spicy Indian Chicken Sandwich, and Indian Layer Dip). Side tangent: My sister makesÂ amazingÂ Indian food and it’s always fun to eat her cooking when we visit. She makes authentic Indian food – it’s the real deal and exceptional. My “Indian” recipes are Americanized – made simpler and adapted to our life. ðŸ˜‰
I also love yogurt and mangos so when you put all three things together you know it’s going to be a hit! Mango lassi is a wonderful, easy, and healthy treat.
It’s a refreshing drink perfect for breakfast, dessert, or a snack.
(Side story. I can only think of one time I’ve had a mango lassi and not enjoyed it. That time was at an Indian restaurant for my sister’s rehearsal dinner. I’m sure the drink in and of itself was great, but the fact that it was served in glasses hot from the dishwasher made it sub par. So be sure you don’t use warm glasses. ðŸ˜‰ )
This easy mango lassi comes together quickly and is good for you! No refined sugars or added ingredients. My kids enjoy this as much as I do!
This will make 2-3 servings depending on how big you want them. This mango lassi recipes is also super easy to double (or triple)!
- Yogurt (I use my homemade yogurt. You could use store bought or even a dairy free yogurt.)
- Ripe, fresh mangos – peeled and pit removed.
- Ice cubes: optional depending on your temperature preference
- Milk (Cow milk or dairy free). If you want a super thick lassi, you can even omit this all together or cut it back.
- Sweetener. What you use and the quantity is completely up to your and your preferences. You can try sugar, maple syrup, honey, or a tiny bit of stevia.
Now, here’s the recipe! It really is as simple as it seems.
- 1½ cups plain yogurt
- 1 cup chopped mango (1 mango)
- Honey/maple syrup/sugar to taste (1-3 teaspoons)
- 3 ice cubes, optional
- ½ cup milk, optional (may want if you use a really thick yogurt)
- Place yogurt and mango chunks in the blender. When smooth add sweetener to taste.
- Add ice cubes and or milk if using. Blend well so completely smooth.
- Serve immediately.
How do you make a mango lassi? It would be fun to add berries or pineapple for a twist!
Linking up toÂ these fun parties!
Originally published August 22, 2014.