Guest post from Kara (one of my wonderful sisters whom you met last week)
I’ve been barista at a quaint, little drive-thru coffee stand for over a year now, and I can honestly say I enjoy a good, tasty cup of coffee anytime. My favorite part of working at a coffee shop around Christmas, is the delicious, Christmas-y latte flavors. You know the ones I’m talking about, peppermint mocha, gingerbread, pumpkin spice, and eggnog; my mouth is watering just at the thought of them. But on my days off, I don’t want to drive all the way there for just a coffee, so with the encouragement of Dee, I came up with my own latte/coffee recipe that I can make at home! That means I can stay in my warm home, in my pajamas, and drink a warm, tasty latte.
This recipe comes in two parts – the cold brew and then the latte. MAKE SURE to PLAN AHEAD for the cold brew – you need 12-24 hours.
Ingredients: (may half, double, triple to whatever amount you would like)
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 cup coffee grounds (Coarse or medium-coarse)
- Coffee Filters
- Separate the coffee grounds into several coffee filters and tie with rubber bands
- Set the little coffee bags into a pitcher and pour the water on top.
- Let the coffee grounds sit in the water on the counter 12-24 HOURS.
- After 12-24 hours has gone by, remove the coffee bags and throw away.
- Get a second pitcher with a strainer lined with another coffee filter. Pour the coffee through the filter.
- Store in the fridge in a sealed jar. Keeps for about 2-2 1/2 weeks.
- 1⅓ cup cold brew
- 1 cup milk or half & half (I suggest the half & half or at least a mix of both)
- ⅛ tsp. ground clove
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3½ tbs. brown sugar
- whipped cream, optional
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan on low heat.
- Heat to your desired temperature, stirring occasionally.
- (optional) If you like foam, use a whisk to beat mixture until you get a foamy surface.
- Ladle out into mug, top with (optional) whipped cream and/or cinnamon.
This week continues all things Christmas at From this Kitchen Table. (Find all the posts here.) Be sure to come back this week for a fabulous recipe for a pumpkin cheesecake (in a pie pan) and thoughts on losing the Christmas chaos! You can follow us on Facebook or subscribe by e-mail to be sure you don’t miss out!
Linking up to Teach Me Tuesday, Titus 2 Tuesday, Create it or Bake it, WFMW, Welcome Home Wednesday, Homemaking Link-Up, Lovely Ladies, Simple Lives, Thriving Thursday, House to Home, Thrifty Thursday, Pin It Thursday, The Pin it Party, Faith Filled Friday, Let’s Get Real, The Weekend reTreat, Link Party Palooza, Strut Your Stuff, Mama Moments, Living Proverbs 31, TGIM, Babies and Beyond, Do Tell Tuesday, Recipe Sharing Monday, Good Tips Tuesday, Share Your Stuff Tuesday, Weekend Wind-Down Link Party, What’s Cookin’ Wednesday, Mixing Bowl Party