I love all things pumpkin. Well, except for pumpkin pie. But everything else, bring it on!
I have a Pinterest board all things pumpkin that I occasionally like to drool over. There are even some healthy recipes on it. For the most part, though, when pumpkin recipes come along they are loaded with sugar and not exactly health food. Those are good for desserts or a special occasion breakfast, but day to day, I hate to admit it, they probably shouldn’t be a part of my diet. (So sad.)
In an effort to get pumpkin into my day (and have a make ahead meal for breakfast) I put together these yummy oat flour pumpkin muffins with cranberries and chocolate chips.
That’s right, there’s no wheat in them at all and they have unrefined sweeteners (and not too much of it). I suppose, if you really wanted to, you could leave out the chocolate chips (or cranberries if you are my daughter. She thinks she doesn’t like them. Good thing my boy will eat them for her.) and they’ll be even healthier. Do so at your own risk. The chocolate is a yummy addition.
These can be made gluten and dairy free is you use appropriate milk, chocolate chips, and oats!
- 2¼ cups oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or butter
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- ⅓ cup milk (or dairy free milk)
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup cranberries, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 for a dark coated pan)
- Combine oat flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and spices in a small bowls
- In another bowl combine pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, oil, honey, coconut sugar, and milk. Mix well until smooth.
- Gently stir oat mixture into the wet ingredients.
- Fold in chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Put batter into 12 greased muffin tins.
- Bake for 18 minutes.
- If you omit the chocolate chips, increase sweeteners.
- I cut the amount of both sweeteners in half when making for our family!
- Can use 2½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice instead of the spices.
Linking up to these fun parties!