Have you jumped on the sheet pan dinner band wagon? They are so easy and customize-able. This sheet pan roasted sausage and veggies recipe is no different.
This recipe is a go to in the fall and winter months. (Actually, even spring. The only time I don’t make this is in the summer when it’s blazing hot.) It’s a simple meal to add to the menu for one of those days when life is crazy and you don’t really want to think about what’s for dinner.
(If you are wondering more about menu planning and why you should do it, be sure to check out this post!)
It’s easy to switch up the ingredients based on personal preference, what you have on hand, and what’s on sale. See, I told you it’s amazing!
Italian Sausage: pork, turkey, spicy, mild – your choice. Amount is also up to you, but somewhere between 12-20 ounces or between half of a link to a whole link of sausage.
Veggies: 8 cups of vegetables. Celery, carrots, onion, bell peppers, potatoes, sweet potatoes, broccoli, green beans, corn or any other roasting friendly vegetables.
Seasonings: Garlic powder, dried parsley, dried oregano, salt, pepper
How to Serve: You can serve up just plates of roasted veggies and sausage (my preference) or put over something like rice, potatoes, zucchini noodles or whatever you like.
Roasted Sausage and Veggies
- 3 stalks celery, sliced (2 cups)
- 3 large carrots, sliced (2 cups)
- 1 onion, large dice (1 cup)
- 1 bell pepper, large dice (1 cup)
- 2 potatoes, large dice (2 cups)
- Italian Sausage, 12-20 ounces
- 2-3 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil (or oil of choice)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½-3/4 teaspoon salt
- freshly cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Prepare all of the veggies and place on a large sheet pan (or two smaller ones).
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss together.
- Sprinkle evenly with parsley, oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Slice the sausage (see notes) and spread over the veggies.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and stir. Bake another 20 minutes.
- Serve by itself or with side of choice.
2. Servings size depends on if you serve with rice or by itself.