We recently completed our first Whole30. The hardest menu items for me to come up with were for breakfast. Can scrambled eggs work for all the Whole30 breakfast recipes? I think my kids would protest. I’ve never been a huge breakfast person, but I found myself waking up starving every morning so not eating wasn’t an option. I needed food!
Affiliate links are used in these posts.
If you are completely clueless as to what Whole30 is, check out this book:
This post is an awesome resource of recipes and ideas that are all Whole30 approved and even if you aren’t eating paleo, this list of Whole30 breakfast recipes is full of great options to feed your family each morning. (I’m in love with the first recipe on the list and sweet potato hash browns. Both recipes find their way onto our plates frequently.)
If you are worried about keeping your grocery budget low while doing Whole30, this menu plan template will save you! All the same principles apply as when eating a traditional diet. A little planning makes your life easier and saves money.
Free Menu Plan Guide & Template
20 Whole30 Breakfast Recipes
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole (My Favorite!!!)
- Bacon Butternut Squash Quiche
- Scrambled Eggs (I always load up on the sauteed veggies – I’m not an egg fan and enough vegetables and I actually enjoy them)
- Monkey Salad (I like to use assorted fruits, coconut flakes and raw nuts and seeds)
- Zucchini Sweet Potato Cakes
- Twice Baked Breakfast Sweet Potatoes
- Sausage and Egg Breakfast Bites
- Egg Foo Young
- Spicy Green Skillet
- Supreme Egg Loaf
- Breakfast Sausage
- Avocado Egg Cups
- Paleo Raisin Bran
- Paleo Breakfast Burritos
- Sweet Potato Hash Browns
- White Potato Hash Browns
- Apple and Almond Butter Sandwiches
- Spinach Sausage Scramble
- Smoothies/Green Smoothies (Whole30 doesn’t recommend you do smoothies, but sometimes you don’t have time to cook and want something easy and a smoothie can easily be made Whole30 approved.)
- Bonus 1: Eat Whole30 approved snacks
- Bonus 2: Eat leftover soups
What are your favorite breakfast foods? Any great grain and dairy free ideas to share?
Don’t forget to get your free menu plan template here!