Is it nap time yet?
We had an amazing 8 days in Texas with my family celebrating the marriage of one of my sisters. All 8 siblings (and their families) and our parents were together at the same time for the first time in over a year and a half. It was a blast getting to visit, make desserts for the reception, play with my sister’s kids, and spend time with all my family.
All the siblings!
We stayed a few extra days after the wedding and got some projects done (including sewing a Christmas stocking for my 17 month old and 2 ring slings I bought fabric for months ago), do a little thrift store shopping, activities with my two kids, and go to a couple of my sisters’ Community Group.
The smartest thing we did on this trip was come home on Thursday so that both of us had off work on Friday! It was amazing to have three days to get unpacked and caught up on things around the house. We even did a little organizing and yard work. There is still more to go, but we made progress. Much better than coming home late on Sunday and having no time to get caught up before heading into the week.
This is the first post Whole30 menu I’ve had to make and I’m looking forward to eating legumes and dairy again. 🙂
If you’ve missed the posts the past few weeks, be sure to check out my 10 Ways to Drastically Reduce Your Grocery Budget and the posts I’ve shared for Minister Appreciation Month: 10 Ways to Encourage Your Pastor, Gift Ideas for Your Pastor, and Gift Ideas for Your Pastor’s Family.
Potato Sausage and Kale Soup
- Small Groups
- Potato Sausage Soup
- Veggie Chili from the (affiliate link) 100 Days of Real Food Cookbook
- Egg rolls from the freezer that someone gave us. If you want to make them, try this baked recipe!
- Bean Tostadas
- Salads for Shaun and myself
- Leftovers, Sweet Potatoes, Bean Tostadas for the kids
- Banana Pancakes from the (affiliate link) 100 Days of Real Food Cookbook
Breakfasts (Combination of the following):
- Scottish Oats with Homemade Crock Pot Applesauce
- Yogurt and Granola
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole
- My sisters and mom helped me get some stuff done for the next craft show and starting an Etsy shop for the earrings, lip balms, and room sprays while we were in Texas, so that was great! Now I need to work on making a few more items and still put together signage for the booth.
- Work on starting to write a subscriber freebie
- Write 2 more posts
- Exercise!!! (This didn’t happen at all when we were on vacation)
- Review Bible verses and start a new one
- Read a couple more chapters in (aff link) When Helping Hurts: How to Alleviate Poverty Without Hurting the Poor . . . and Yourself (again, didn’t do any reading on vacation)
- Go to the PO Box before the first community concert of the season and do a deposit record after the concert. (An amazing 14 year old classical pianist!)
Linking up to Menu Plan Monday