This chicken veggie noodle soup is a family favorite. Perfect for a fall or winter day. Actually, we’ve on occasion even made it in the summer.
This soup is full of vegetables: carrots, onion, garlic, potatoes, celery, and green beans! This is also the perfect soup to make substitutes on. Don’t like green beans, simply leave them out or replace with corn or any other vegetable.
Chicken veggie noodle soup is the perfect recipe to serve with homemade bread. It has made an appearance at our table several times for company as well.
Even if we don’t have company, I make this recipe in mass. I love having the leftovers to feed my family for a second meal. (Leftovers are one of my favorites ways to spend less time in the kitchen.)
Bring out your stock pot and put chicken veggie noodle soup on the menu this week!
Chicken (You can use boneless chicken breasts or bone in – personal preference. Of course
you could also use already cooked chicken, or leftover turkey)
Salt, pepper, parsley
Chicken Veggie Noodle Soup
- 16 cups chicken broth
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 4-6 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 3 cups of sliced carrots
- 2 cups green beans (frozen is fine)
- 3 cups cubed potatoes
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1½ pounds boneless chicken breasts (can use bone in too)
- 1-2 teaspoons of kosher salt
- Freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 3 cups of egg noodles
- Dried parsley, optional
- In a large stockpot put stock, onions, garlic, and chicken. When chicken is cooked remove from pot and add remaining ingredients except for the noodles.
- Simmer until veggies are tender.
- Dice the cooked chicken (or pull meat from bones if using bone in chicken).
- When vegetables are tender add noodles and cooked chicken to the pot. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Cook around another 10 minutes or until noodles are done.
What are your favorite soup recipes? I have a few more I want to post for the winterÂ months. ðŸ™‚ Soups are the best!