You need this dark chocolate pretzel bark as part of your recipe repertoire! A dark chocolate base topped with pretzel pieces and sea salt it’s a combination you are sure to love!
Think a quicker, fancier, and tastier version of dipped pretzels!
So, if you are looking for the easiest treat ever, this is the one and it’s also relatively healthy. With appropriate pretzels, this is even gluten free!
It’s a great dessert to bag up and use for gifts or to include as part of a treat platter you are giving to the neighbors or to bring to a Christmas party.
After you’ve made it once, you’ll come back to it again and again (and again)!
This is a great Christmas treat! It’s a nice contrast to the normal holiday desserts that are very sweet. Using dark chocolate (and that is the only form of sweetener in the recipe) tones down the sugar. The pretzels give it the perfect crunch and the salt that great salty sweet combination.
If you use your freezer to speed up the cooling process, you can have this ready to go in 10 minutes!
Be aware that the chocolate will melt, so you will want to avoid contact with a heat source (or too warm of a house) to keep it from turning into a soupy mess. Depending on the temperature of your home, you might want to store it in the refrigerator. (If you keep your house cold, like I do, room temperature won’t be a problem.)
Dark Chocolate Pretzel Bark Ingredients
All you need are 4 simple ingredients!
- Dark chocolate chips
- Pretzels (gluten free or regular, twists or sticks – but I think twists look a little better)
- Sea salt
- Coconut oil
Technically, you can do without the coconut oil but I prefer the texture with the oil a little more.
Dark Chocolate Pretzel Bark Instructions
Break pretzels into pieces until you have 1/2-2/3 cup.
Take the chocolate chips and put them in a glass bowl. You can use a double boiler or simply put them in the microwave.
Microwave the chocolate chips for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave another 30 seconds. Add the coconut oil and stir the chocolate until smooth. If your chocolate chips aren’t yet completely melted, microwave in 10 second increments.
Place parchment paper on a baking sheet. Pour the melted chocolate onto the paper and spread into a 9×12 inch rectangle.
Sprinkle pretzels over the top of the chocolate. Be sure to press pretzels into the chocolate. (If you don’t push them into the chocolate, they will fall off when you break it into pieces – I always remember this the hard way)
Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt.
Let harden in the fridge. After completely hardened, break into pieces and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. (It will be fine at room temperature to serve at a party, I’ve done it many times.)
Other Treats You Will Want to Make:
My Go To Sugar Cookie Recipe
Rich and Creamy Fudge
Dark Chocolate Fudge
Russian Tea Cakes
Peanut Butter Fudge
Dark Chocolate Pretzel Bark Recipe
- ½-2/3 cup broken pretzel pieces
- 12 ounces (2 cups) dark chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- pinch of sea salt
- Set out ½-2/3 cup of broken pretzel pieces. (Amount depends on your desired chocolate to pretzel ratio).
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil using a double boiler. Or microwave in a glass boil. To microwave cook for 30 seconds, stir, and put in for another 30 seconds. Add coconut oil and stir until smooth. (If not smooth, microwave for 10 second increments stirring each time).
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Spread melted chocolate onto the paper in a 9x12 inch rectangle.
- Drop the pretzel pieces over top of the chocolate. Press pretzels down into the chocolate.
- Sprinkle chocolate with a pinch of sea salt.
- Let harden in the fridge. After completely hardened, break into pieces, Store in the fridge (or cool location) in an airtight container until ready to enjoy!