I use affiliate links in my posts. If you purchase through them I receive a small portion of sales. Check out my disclosure for more info.
I have an amazing pizza recipe for you today. It’s a little bit different. In fact, you’ve probably never made or even eaten one quite like it. What exactly is it? New Mexico Style Pizza! Think Mexican pizza with a twist.
My mom found this recipe when I was growing up and I recently had to email her and ask for it, because I had to make it. 🙂 It’s been made several times in my house over the past few months. It was even a hit with company.
Salsa verde and a little lime juice make the perfect sauce. Then we top it with chicken, corn, green onions, and cheddar cheese. After it comes out of the oven sprinkle with cilantro and top with sour cream if you’d like. (Though it’s just as good without the sour cream.)
See what I mean? It’s unique and full of flavor.
I think this recipe would also be a great one to use up some of that leftover turkey on. Swap the chicken for turkey and your family won’t even think of Thanksgiving as they eat this.
If you are looking for a pizza crust recipe, check out this one that I have. Pizza dough is super easy and forgiving. Plus, making it means you can get your preferred crust thickness. You could also buy refrigerated pizza dough (Trader Joe’s sells one) or a prebaked crust.
New Mexico Style Pizza
- ½ cup salsa verde (see notes for more info)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup cooked chicken
- ½ cup frozen corn, thawed
- ½-1 cup cheddar cheese (or a mix of cheddar and mozzarella)
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 6 tablespoons sour cream (optional)
- Pizza dough (or a large crust)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix together the first 5 ingredients.
- Roll out pizza dough (I do a 14 inch circle), place on pizza stone, and spread with the sauce mixture.
- Top with chicken, corn, green onions, and cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with cilantro and sour cream (if desired).
- Cut into 8 pieces and serve.