3 ingredient gluten free peanut butter cookies. Yum! In full disclosure, sometimes these 3 ingredient cookies get 5 ingredients added to them. But either way, they are made from pantry staples and whip up in a flash.
These are also a gluten free and dairy free cookie! Woohoo!!! Considering we are in the middle of 3 months without dairy or gluten for one of our children right now, this is a big deal.
Someday soon I’d love to remake these using maple syrup or honey and 100% peanuts peanut butter, but in the meantime I needed to share this simple 3 ingredient gluten free peanut butter cookie recipe with you! The kids love eating them and I love how simple they are to whip up. Win win.
Before we dive into the recipe, I want to let you know what the 2 optional ingredients are. First off, vanilla. We know that vanilla makes pretty much everything better. Second, baking soda. This changes the color and how the cookie bakes just slightly. But again, you can leave it out.
The one problem with three ingredient gluten free peanut butter cookies is that they tend to fall apart easily. I would make them on the small side to help remedy that problem (a child in tears because their cookie fell apart is never fun, right?). If you can resist diving in right away, I would let them cool all the way as well.
I like to decrease the sugar to 3/4 cup, but that also slightly increases the breakability (like my made up word 😉 ) of them.
One last thing, I love using my cookie scoop for these. I find it faster than a spoon because the dough is quite sticky.
NOW, for this incredibly easy peanut butter cookie recipe.
If you are looking for another yummy cookie recipe (that includes gluten and dairy) check out this one that came from my grandma.
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- ¾-1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla, optional
- ½ teaspoon baking soda, optional
- Additional sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Place small scoops of dough in bowl with additional sugar and lightly coat the top.
- Place on cookie sheet and use a fork to gently press down in both directions to create the traditional peanut butter cookie crisscross.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet before removing to cooling rack.